The school year is galloping to the finish line with a flood of final projects, exams, tournaments, performances, proms, graduations. If you let it, stress will happily pitch a tent in your living room. Instead, how about giving it the boot before it moves in and takes over? You’re the leader of your family and you set the tone and the expectations for behavior now and all year round. Your kids are always watching and taking notes. So stay calm for them and for yourself. Keep having family meals, smile, and don’t forget to breathe.
Happy Mother Earth Day! Here’s to our awakening green consciousness. And here’s a quick update:
- New weekly podcast series on NOW! I’m very excited to announce the launch of Family Confidential: Secrets of Successful Parenting. Hosted by me and produced by Electric Eggplant, Family Confidential brings you practical parenting advice through recorded in-depth conversations with authors, educators and therapists. These dynamic and personal discussions help strengthen family connections by providing tips, insights and practical tools for guiding your kids through the teen years and beyond. FamilyConfidential.com
This week's show, “The Gift of Confidence”, a conversation with Joe Bruzzese, M.A., author of “A Parents' Guide to the Middle School Years.”
If you have iTunes, you can subscribe to this podcast in the iTunes Store by clicking on this link. Otherwise, you can listen to it here. Upcoming guest authors include:
- Jamie Woolf - Mom-in-Chief: How Wisdom from the Workplace Can Save your Family from Chaos
- Joan Ryan - “The Water Giver: The Story of a Mother, a Son, and Their Second Chance
- Mike Robbins - “Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken: Transform your life with the Power of Authenticity
- Lynn Goodwin - ‘You Want Me To Do What? Journaling for Caregivers
- Carol Normandi - Over it: A Teens Guide To Getting Beyond Obsessions with Food and Weight
- Pre-order my new book! “Real Friends vs. The Other Kind”, Book 2 of the award-winning Middle School Confidential™ series for 10-14 year olds, will be published by Free Spirit Publishing on June 1, 2009. A unique hybrid blending fiction and smart-talk practical advice, Middle School Confidential provides the answers tweens and young teens need in a full-color graphic-novel format that will draw in even reluctant readers.
- If your 5th-8th grader hasn’t yet read Book 1 (Be Confident in Who You Are)? Check it out here.
As always, feel free to email me with any of your parenting questions or comments. I look forward to hearing from you.